There is less than a week before Valentines day. If you are still considering to make a gift for you loved one, think no further. This bow tie is a quick and simple DIY project that generates good result.
Bow ties have been a trend for a while. My male friends agree that popping bright colours are the best for bow tie. So this Pink Yellow Bhutanese fabric seems to be a good choice for a DIY bow tie project.
In this sample I made, I used 1 piece of fat quarter (29" x 20" or 74 x 50 cm), cut the pattern on bias and still have quite a bit of fabric left over.
My Bow tie measures 2.5" x 4.5" and I use my own pattern.
If you would like to follow step-by-step instructions, here are the 10 best tutorials I came across. They all provide free patterns as well. Check them out!
The 10 Best Bow Tie Sewing Tutorials
DIY Bow Tie Project by Tie-a-tie.net
- Clear instructions. Patterns with adjustable length.
Men's Bow Tie Tutorial by Sew Like My Mom
- Clear and detailed instructions with attractive samples.
Learn How to Make a Bow Tie by The Liberty Craft Blog
- Blog from Liberty of London using their own fabric. What else do I need to say?!
DIY Bow Tie Pattern by See Kate Sew
- Simple instructions with very nice pictures.
How to Make a Bow Tie by Bespoke Unit
- Instructions with technical details. The bow tie design is unique from others.
How to Sew a Men’s Bow Tie Necktie by The Seasoned Homemaker
- Another one with nice clear instructions. I like how she joined the pieces together.
Men's Adjustable Bow Tie by Mom of Marlee
- Nice bow tie design with length adjustable feature.
Mix and Match Bow Ties by Delia Creates
- Very creative design that can mix and match different colours and patterns.
DIY: Bow Tie by Makery
- Clear and detailed instructions.
DIY-ing the Emmys - The Bow Tie and Pocket Square by Makezine
- Teach you an alternative way to finish the opening
Happy bow tie making!!